Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Anxious? Excited? Scared?

I'm only a few hours away from boarding the plane that will take me away from my family for almost 3 weeks. I don't even know how I feel right now. I truly believe that God has lead me in this direction and I know that walking where He leads is not guaranteed to be easy but... It was so hard to send my family off today; Blyss tried so hard not to cry but just couldn't prevent the tears. Elisa was her usual composed self and Aphia cracks jokes to not think about it. Sherwin is so supportive and actually even admitted he'd miss me :-) (some of you know the story behind that comment!)

Truthfully, in the midst of all the emotions I feel, the strongest sensation is a deep & abiding peace that - no matter what - everything will be alright. I am hoping to have internet connection while in Zambia so that I can update my blog during my trip.

Pray for our missions team while we are away that we will be sensitive to God's promptings on us while travel, that we will be free from conflict within, and that our families will be safe and well during our absence.

God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

California trip

California trip
A group of my "rocks"