Saturday, February 6, 2010

Africa here I come!!!

All my life, I've wanted to see Africa. I remember hearing stories of missionaries and thinking that someday, I'd like to try that. Well, someday is February 23, 2010! I'm going to Zambia with a small team from the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC). I'm feeling both excited and nervous. I have never been away from my family for more than a few days; this will be almost 3 weeks. I know that God has ordained this trip so I will put my trust in Him!

Overall, life is good. I have been working hard the past few months with a friend designing a new program for work all about continuous improvement. It's amazing how much can be applied to life in general; we all want to improve ourselves and our lives, right? Sometimes, the biggest hurdle to improvement is our own lack of ability to see more than one way of doing things, to see around real or perceived road-blocks. My prayer is that I will be open to opportunity, open to see the good around me, and open to God's will in my life.

Friends, please keep my family in your prayers over the next few weeks while I am away both for work and for missions. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

California trip

California trip
A group of my "rocks"