Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hello old friend...

It has been over 1 year since I posted last; not quite what I'd planned when I started the blog with gusto & enthusiasm! One thing I know, this blog is looking old and tired just like me lately; needs some updating for sure!!! Pretty sure no one visits my blog so I'm probably just talking to myself right now (especially considering it's been stale for so long anyone who was interested has probably lost interest!!!) I've actually started many entries but, sadly, life called me away leaving blog entries unfinished. When I would finally return to them, I'd either forgotten my point, they were irrelevant or I convinced myself they were just not any good.

Interestingly, I realize that my blog is a metaphor for so many other ventures in my life. I feel drawn but then my insecurities and fears have blocked my desire, calling, and drive. There's the fear that I don't write well enough now, there's the fear that I'll offend someone, there's the fear that I'll be judged if I reveal my flaws, there's the fear that I'll be judged if I'm too shallow... you get the picture. The fear of what people might think... or worse yet, the fear that no one will care to read my blog. So, it is easier for me to let my busy life be a justifiable excuse to put off for another day (like Scarlett O'Hara " I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow. ") I know that God has placed certain dreams on my heart so why have I let life, fear, insecurity, etc. stop me? God has a plan and a purpose for my life - I don't have to figure it all out, I don't have to care what other people will think, I just have to lean into Him and let Him guide my steps. That's my plan for 2012 - that I would let God direct my steps and unfold His plan in my life.

What's your plan for 2012? God has a plan and a purpose for you, too. Will you let Him guide you?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tammy,

    Maybe kind of ironic, but I thought of you and your blog today, so I know I (for one) am happy you are posting again.

    I hope you and your family are doing well!

    Take care!

    Tara S

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has got to be the most encouraging thing I read today.
    Hi Tammy,
    I came across you web site while looking for a coach through life purpose coaching institute, or some place like that. I have always wanted to be a coach but figures my life would have to be perfect before I started. Certainly, I would have to be able to keep up a blog. But here you are, a life coach and struggling to write everyday. Wow, this motivates me. How can I move forward to be the person God made me to be? Please ignore typos and bad grammar as I am using my iPhone to send this comment

    ReplyDelete

California trip

California trip
A group of my "rocks"